Details
IMAGE number
NAM5927810
Title
Button, Calcutta Volunteer Rifles, pre-1901 (brass)
Artist
English School, (19th century) / English
Location
National Army Museum, London
Medium
brass
Date
1863 (C19th)
Description
Button, Calcutta Volunteer Rifles, pre-1901. Brass button made by G H Bullivant, Birmingham, with Queen Victoria’s cypher, ‘VR’, surmounted by crown, within a circlet bearing the unit title, ‘Calcutta Volunteer Rifles’. The Calcutta Volunteer Rifles Corps was auxiliary infantry unit formed in 1863. It was reconstituted in March 1898 as the the 1st Battalion Calcutta Volunteer Rifles and became the 5th Calcutta Battalion in 1917. From the Field Marshal Sir John Chapple Indian Army Collection.
Photo credit
Bridgeman Images
Keywords
Want this image now?

For more details visit our FAQ page

Contact us for other Usage Options
Availability
Dimension [pixels] Dimension in 300dpi [mm] File size [MB] Online Purchase
Large 4600 × 3614 px 389 × 306 mm 8 MB
Medium 1024 × 805 px 87 × 68 mm 1 MB
Small 600 × 471 px 51 × 40 mm 0 MB
Copyright
Out of copyright

Back to top